Sometimes a personal gift is that makes a difference to
someone in your life! Here are two different recipes to use and brighten up
your loved one’s holiday! Make sure to click the links to see the original posts!
Dough ( https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9528/ornament-dough/)
- 4 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine the flour, salt and water; mix well and knead for 10 minutes. Roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into desired shapes and make holes for hanging. Bake for 30 minutes; allow to cool.
- Decorate with poster paints or tube paints. Allow to dry and spray with clear polyurethane on both sides to preserve. Use ribbon or yarn pieces to hang.
Clay Ornaments (https://www.kleinworthco.com/stamped-clay-ornaments/)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cup baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan
- Heat over medium stirring constantly until the
mixture starts to resemble mashed potatoes
- Remove & transfer to a glass bowl
- Cover with a damp towel & allow to cool at
room temperature for about 30 minutes
- Once cool, preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Place clay on a sheet of parchment paper &
roll out flat (if it’s still sticky you can add a little more cornstarch)
- Cut into desired shapes & transfer to
parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake 30 minutes – flip over & bake another
- Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours