While we are all stuck inside either working, homeschooling your children, or even doing both; it is important to remember to check in on yourself and the people around you. During this pandemic, we will feel scared, overwhelmed, stress, anxiety, fear, etc, and it doesn’t matter what you feel because any feeling can take a toll on the mind, body, and soul. Below I have listed a few helpful tips and apps to think about using when trying to relax and loosen the mind.
Disclaimer: Listed are a few apps that could be helpful for productivity and connectivity. These apps are suggestions and are not endorsed/promoted by Community Health and Wellness, LLC, therefore individuals should use them at their own discretion.
• Take breaks from the news, social media, and articles and dive into something new
• Less Netflix and more reading. You and your client can read the same book together and discuss what was interesting
• Stay focused on what the experts say and avoid listening or reading misinformation and negativity
• Meditate for 10-20 minutes at least twice a day to keep energized, calm, and refreshed.
• Stay connected and positive! Keep up your daily phone calls, video chats, and text messaging.
• Breathe! Use the 4-7 technique. Inhale through your nose for a count of 4, hold for 7, and exhale through mouth for 8.
• Try to be getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
• Exercise, walk, and stretch daily.
• Try not to overeat. Stick to planned meals and healthy snacks.
• Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.